Monday, January 15, 2024 - Sunday, March 17, 2024
Tuition and Registration
Current School Family Registration begins January 29, 2024
Community Registration begins February 5, 2024
In house registration for all current Sonshine Kids families and church members begins in February of each year.
Community registration begins in February one week after current families and continues throughout the year. More specific date to be given as the time approaches.
- Registration for all classes will be on a first come basis. Once a class is filled, a waitlist will be maintained. Please have your check, including the registration, supply fee, and May 2025 Tuition fee with your registration packet made payable to FMUMC.
- Please see the chart on the first page of the registration packet for the list of class offerings for the 2024 – 2025 school year.
- For enrollment purposes, please fill out the forms completely.The Health Information Form, including the Physician’s Statement, Immunization Record (for all students) and Hearing & Vision (age 4+) is DUE no later than AUGUST 16, 2024. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
Is the school a licensed Facility?
Yes, we are licensed through Texas Health and Human Services Child Care Licensing.
What is your educational philosophy?
Religious and developmentally appropriate/play based.
What are your class offerings?
All classes are maximum 12 students with 1-2 teachers per classroom.
Are meals and snacks provided?
No. Parents are responsible for providing snacks and lunches.
Is financial assistance available?
Yes. Applications for scholarship can be applied for from the church.
What security measures do you have?
All exterior doors are locked at all times. Cameras are throughout the interior and exterior of the building.
How do teachers and staff communicate with parents?
All teachers utilize our school management system, Procare.
Parent/teacher conferences are offered twice a year but are available upon request at any time.
What is your teacher turnover?
Staff members have been at Sonshine Kids between 1 and 21 years with an average of 5 years.
Our staff brings between 1 and 30 years of teaching experience with an average of 10 years.
Who do I make checks payable to?
Are you affiliated with a church?
Yes, Sonshine Kids is a mission of Flower Mound United Methodist Church
What Christian doctrine do you teach?
We follow the United Methodist Church doctrine. United Methodists profess the Historic Christian faith in God as Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We know God as Creator/Provider, Redeemer/Savior, Sustainer/Comforter.
- We affirm that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, and the Lord of all.
- We experience the Holy Spirit as God's presence with us.