Daily, from 05/03/2021 to 06/18/2021, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Tuition and Registration
Registration is open for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
EMPLOYEE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
To learn more about how our teachers and staff are safely navigating COVID-19, download our employee policies and procedures.
We follow LISD/Flower Mound UMC and the recommendations of the CDC.
Is the school a licensed Facility?
Yes, we are licensed through Texas Health and Human Services Child Care Licensing.
What is your educational philosophy?
Religious and developmentally appropriate/play based
What are your class offerings?
- Toddlers and Twos-10 students/2 teachers
- Threes, Fours, Pre-K-12 students/2 teachers
- Kindergarten-Students 12/1 teacher
Are meals and snacks provided?
No. Parent are responsible for providing snacks and lunches.
Is financial assistance available?
Yes. Applications for scholarship can be applied for from the church.
What security measures do you have?
All exterior doors are locked at all times. Cameras are throughout the interior and exterior of the building.
How do teachers and staff communicate with parents?
All lead teachers have a school email and messaging through the school management system, Procare. Parent/teacher conferences are offered twice a year but are available upon request at any time.
What is your teacher turnover?
Staff members have been here between 1 and 18 years with an average of 5.5 years.
Who do I make checks payable to?
Are you affiliated with a church?
Yes, Sonshine Kids is a mission of Flower Mound United Methodist Church
What Christian doctrine do you teach?
We follow the United Methodist Church doctrine. United Methodists profess the Historic Christian faith in God as Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We know God as Creator/Provider, Redeemer/Savior, Sustainer/Comforter.
- We affirm that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, and the Lord of all.
- We experience the Holy Spirit as God's presence with us.
In house registration for all current Sonshine Kids families and church members began on Monday, January 19, 2021.
Community registration began on February 1, 2021 and will continue throughout the year.
- Registration for all classes will be on a first come basis. Once a class is filled, a waitlist will be maintained. Please have your check, including the registration, supply fee, May 2022 technology and Tuition fees with your registration packet made payable to FMUMC.
- Please see the chart on the first page of the registration packet for the list of class offerings for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- For enrollment purposes please fill out the forms as completely as possible. The Health Information Form, including the Physician’s Statement, Immunization Record (for all students) and Hearing & Vision (age 4+) is DUE no later than THE WEEK BEFORE SCHOOL BEGINS IN ORDER FOR YOUR CHILD TO START SCHOOL (The week of August 23 – 27, 2021). THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. Late registrants must submit a shot record with registration and have 5 days to return the medical form.
You will be notified by letter or email regarding the status of your child’s registration no later than one month before the start of school.